Starting a partnership

A longtime friend with whom I've done quite a bit of work over the last 8 years, has been discussing with me the possibility of partnering in a consulting venture to procure public construction management contracts.

I have no money to put into this venture, only marketing acumen and "sweat equity." so, how should it be structured? How can I assure that I have a stake on the venture, but yet have it be fair?

Thoughts, please.

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Via iPhone 3G