Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Anchor rods set too low (again!)[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: SEAINT <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Anchor rods set too low (again!)
- From: Drew Morris <dmorris(--nospam--at)bbfm.com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:15:58 -0800
I have a case where the anchor rods
have been set too low (again). They are F1554-36 1 1/4" diameter. To
make things worse, the columns have fixed bases and have been installed
with the grout below the base plate installed. I'm not sure why the
contractor even bothered to call this in this late. |
Typically, if the rod head is flush with the top of the nut, we use the full strength of the rod. Is there a way to determine what the connection strength is between the nut and the rod if less than the entire rod is engaged? I can't enlarge the holes in the baseplate for couplers without affecting the anchor rods and I am leery of welding on an extension of the threaded rod.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Anchor rod washers
- Next by Subject: Re: Anchor rods set too low (again!)
- Previous by thread: Re: Tank uplift and repair of tank ring foundation
- Next by thread: Re: Anchor rods set too low (again!)