Re: Stainless Steel

Larry,

As a starting point, the following is what we use for stainless steel structures.

- Stainless steel plate: AISI 304 w/ No. 4 finish
- SS structural shapes: AISI 304, fy = 35 ksi
- SS bolted connections: ASTM F593, AISI 304
- SS welding rods: E308

Hope this helps.

- Jeremy

Quoting lrhauer(--nospam--at)earthlink.net:

To All,

I am doing a small job which is designing the footing and base plate/anchor bolts for a small water tank. The tank is horizontal and is made of stainless steel with the two saddles also being stainless steel but without holes for anchor bolts. So, I will need to weld on base plates to the bottom of the saddles.

I don't have any specs for stainless steel, so can someone give me some basic specs for welding stainless steel, (fillet welds), and the ASTM designation and Fy for any type of stainless steel, (the loads are very light and will be all shear loads so I can make this pretty simple).

Thanks in advance,

Larry Hauer S.E.