Re: Update: Dallas Cowboys roof Collapse

Christopher Wright wrote:
That's because we're expected to do our jobs well. Engineering work is supposed to be done correctly; when that happens it's not news. You don't see headlines saying 'local silversmith makes another ride around Middlesex discussing the weather.' Revere made news when he told people something unexpected.
Yeah, that's true.

I guess what I should have said is "there's no glory in an engineering job well done."

You can have a movie about a fighting attorney, winning a big case against the "evil corporations." But I suspect a story about a crusading structural engineer that "wins" against the "evil corporate building owner" to make sure a building is safe, won't get green-lighted in Hollyweird any time soon.

N.B. I dig the historical analogy.