Re: Update: Dallas Cowboys roof Collapse

Gerard Madden, SE wrote:
Yeah, but is anyone checking to see that the design meets the code? Code without enforcement is worthless.

Generally speaking, there is enforcement. However, I cannot say from my experience that it is anything on par with what you would find in localities where they have been doing this for awhile.

That goes both ways. The little consulting job that I was made aware of through another guy on this list, for instance, is for a small "storefront church" that is being harrassed by the enforcement officials, who (IMO at least) don't have much of a case.