Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

BUILDING CODE: Certificate of Occupancy

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
A member of this list referred a friend of a friend to me for help on this issue.

The client is a church that has set up shop in a small office park space. The previous occupant of the space was also a "storefront church," and they simply moved out, and the new church moved in.

There were no changes made to the interior space by the new tenant.

The city has "red tagged" the space, claiming they need to submit a full set of architectural and engineering drawings for approval in order to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy in accordance with the City of Houston Building Code (NOTE: CoH BC is based on IBC 2003).

I have still to do a bit of research on this, but I am puzzled as to why the tenant is required to do this, if they did no interior alterations. Wouldn't this fall under the Owner's responsibility?

Comments gratefully appreciated.

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
* * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at: ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********