RE: Climate Change - Part 1 of 2'

Actually, the vast majority of grants come from the private sector in the form of R and D.

You are correct however, that the “scientific community” works at the pleasure of those

That supply the money to operate the labs.

e.g., “New study – smoking doesn’t cause any long term health benefits” funded by Phillip Morris.

Or, “New drug XYZ is a miracle cure for cholesterol/diabetes/the clap” brought to you by a major

Pharmaceutical company that owns the rights to drug XYZ.

Its really the same thing in our industry, AISC and ACI sponsor competing “studies” to prove that

Steel/concrete is a better/cooler/cheaper structural material.

It all comes down to common sense; if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

“Follow the Money” works as well now as it did during Watergate.

David L. Fisher SE PE

Senior Principal

Fisher and Partners

372 West Ontario