Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Bolt to plywood[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Bolt to plywood
- From: "Nick Fanger" <nick(--nospam--at)kishrigging.com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 12:15:28 -0700
I hate to disrupt the fun threads with something structural engineering related but I have a question….
How would you go about calculating the shear value of a ½” dia. Thru bolt attaching a steel plate and ¾” plywood? I’ve never done bolts in plywood before nor do I think it’s that good of an idea but in this case its unavoidable. Has anyone else dealt with bolts in plywood before?
Nick Fanger, P.E.
Kish Rigging, Inc.
540 Commerce Ave.
Moorpark, CA 93021
- Prev by Subject: RE: Bobcat S220 on existing 4" slab-on-grade
- Next by Subject: Re: Bolt to plywood
- Previous by thread: Re: Climate Change - Part 1 of 2'
- Next by thread: Re: Bolt to plywood