Re: Bolt to plywood

Check with the APA  website. They may have the solution.
S.Macie

From: Nick Fanger [mailto:nick(--nospam--at)kishrigging.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 12:15 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Bolt to plywood

I hate to disrupt the fun threads with something structural engineering related but I have a question….

How would you go about calculating the shear value of a ½” dia. Thru bolt attaching a steel plate and ¾” plywood?  I’ve never done bolts in plywood before nor do I think it’s that good of an idea but in this case its unavoidable.  Has anyone else dealt with bolts in plywood before?

Nick Fanger, P.E.

Kish Rigging, Inc.

540 Commerce Ave.

Moorpark, CA 93021