Re: Design for snow loads

This is all that was in the article.  There was some brief online discussion that got stopped by ACEC.  Some engineers had commented whether shoring of new buildings during heavy snows was typical!  There is a lot of missing information but it sounds like there may have been a major coordination problem in using the correct design and environmental parameters and passing this information along and/or a major error on the building manufacturer's part.

Paul Ransom wrote:
Did the article happen to mention the name of this, apparently, disreputable
building manufacturer? We all want to avoid them.

I'm also curious as to why the pre-engineered metal building manufacturer
was not included as a member of the "Design/Build team." Sometimes the real
story is more interesting than the sound-bite.

Regards
Paul