RE: BBC E-mail: Shanghai probes building collapse

Yes,

My Chinese programmer (Australian national) sent me photos about 2 days ago. Someone forgot that a 15 storey building built on mud requires better foundations than a 2 storey house. Amazing example of either not understanding design or ignoring design drawings during construction, not sure which yet!