RE: BUILDING CODE: Certificate of Occupancy

Bill Polhemus wrote:  "Wouldn't this fall under the Owner's responsibility?"

Seems like a legal rather than Engineering Question. Such matters can be passed on to tenants via a lease or rental agreement. Has that been reviewed? In California, this pass-thru is more likely for non-residential space.

Regards,
Bill Cain, S.E.
Berkeley, CA