Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Canada Day[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Canada Day
- From: "Daryl Richardson" <h.d.richardson(--nospam--at)shaw.ca>
- Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 19:56:12 -0600
I don't remember the ranking except that the winner was Tommy Douglas, Premier of Saskatchewan in the 1950s and 60s. I didn't agree with the choice; but at lease he was a valid candidate.
Douglas was a member of the NDP (New Democratic Party, a semi socialist party, somewhat to the left of the Liberal Party). Other than running a generally well managed government throughout his several terms in office, his one real accomplishment was successfully implementing the Saskatchewan health care program, which became the model for the present Canadian health care program.
H. Daryl Richardson
- Prev by Subject: Re: Canada Day
- Next by Subject: Re: Canadian Tax structure (was Obama-Care: This Is What It Will Be Like)
- Previous by thread: Re: Canada Day
- Next by thread: Re: Canada Day