Sent: Saturday, July 04, 2009 1:32 AM
Subject: Hot air recirculation

For one of our refinery project we have come across an interesting problem.

One air fin cooler (AFC-1) is resting on top of piperack & other one (AFC-2) is resting on top of structure.
Height of structure is 3m more than piperack and same is in downwind direction.

Both AFCs are horizontally 12m apart & elevation difference is 3m.

The AFC -1 resting on piperack is exhausting hot air of 81 degrees.

Is it possible that hot air will be recirculated & same will be sucked by AFC-2 resting on structure ? It may affect performance of AFC-2.

If yes, what kind of solution would be feasible ?
Thermal design of AFC can not be changed.

Regards,
Kirtesh Gandhi