Double Layer Plywood Shear Wall

Contractor "forgot" the interior layer of plywood in a shear wall spec'd for sheathing on both sides. Wants to put double layer on the outside since the interior has been finished. I cannot find any restrictions in the Codes,  so I assume this can be done assuming the same requirements for sheathing on two-sides and no reduction in strength. Anything special to watch out for?
TIA

Charles O. Laines, S.E.
LAINES ASSOCIATES, LONG BEACH, CA