Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Double Layer Plywood Shear Wall[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Double Layer Plywood Shear Wall
- From: ENGRLAINES(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 15:46:21 EDT
Contractor "forgot" the interior layer of plywood in a shear wall spec'd for sheathing on both sides. Wants to put double layer on the outside since the interior has been finished. I cannot find any restrictions in the Codes, so I assume this can be done assuming the same requirements for sheathing on two-sides and no reduction in strength. Anything special to watch out for?
Charles O. Laines, S.E.
LAINES ASSOCIATES, LONG BEACH, CA
- Prev by Subject: Re: Direct Weld of Single Angle Brace to HSS Beam/Column
- Next by Subject: RE: Double Layer Plywood Shear Wall
- Previous by thread: RE: AutoCAD 2010
- Next by thread: RE: Double Layer Plywood Shear Wall