Re: How to Add Sketches Into Spreadsheet?

When you copy and paste from Paint, make sure you do paste-special and choose device independent bitmap. It usually has 2 other choices I believe. Play around with it and I have had very good success with the device independent bitmap. It gives good clarity

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 6:41 PM, Richard Calvert <RichardC(--nospam--at)lbbe.com> wrote:
I draw it in autocad and use print screen (snagit to be specific) and paste it into my document.

-----Original Message-----
From: Szuchuan Chang [mailto:szuchuan(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2009 6:38 PM
To: SEAOC
Subject: How to Add Sketches Into Spreadsheet?

Hi List,

This has been a problem I want to ask for a long time.

At lot of times, a simple sketch with small notes can tell so much
about the problem I am analyzing.  When I need it, I have to scan it
in,  Clip it, and add to the spreadsheet or my document.  These bitmap
images are poor in quality and high in storage space.  The meta file
.wmf format files are so hard to create.  Microsoft office has a
"Shape" designer but it is very hard to use too.

How do you handle this problem of adding sketches in your notes?

Thanks

Szuchuan Chang, SE

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org