Pitch Diameter

Does anyone know of a resource for min and max pitch diameters of self tapping screws (i.e. TEK Screws)?

ITWbuildex doesn’t provide any of this information, so for my calculations of Asn per the ADM05 (ref. Eq. 5.4.2.1-3) I always use the external thread stripping area formula as found here:

http://www.engineersedge.com/thread_strength/thread_bolt_stress.htm

and the values for the various diameters from

http://www.lubkerdist.com/guidepdf/Stdrill.pdf

and then use the ave. between T-max and t-min as my value for the min pitch diameter… which I understand to be a decently close estimate for tightly spaced threads, but self-tappers are slightly loose…

even better, would anyone happen to know of a better formula than the one I’m using?

Richard Calvert, EIT

Project Engineer

Lindemann Bentzon Bojack

Architects & Engineers

290 Citrus Tower Blvd, Suite 200, Clermont, Fl. 34711

tel: 352.242.0100 ext.141 fax: 352.242.0302

www.lbbe.com

Internet Email Confidentiality

and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if

you or your employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of

this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message

that do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood

as neither given nor endorsed by it.