RE: pitch diameter

"Cold formed steel" sounds more manly than "light gage"?

From: Andrew Kester [mailto:akester(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 2:30 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: re: pitch diameter

Richard,

What do you need to know all that for? I have done a lot of light gage design, what am I missing?

CFSEI should have the answers to your light gage, I mean, cold formed steel questions....

On that note, why must "they" keep changing the names of perfectly good terms? What changed?

Light Gage >> Cold formed

Slab on grade >> slab on ground (which sounds less technical)

pour concrete >> place/pump concrete

is it wood, is it timber?

wood sheathing can be plywood or OSB....

Sorry about the tangent.

Andrew Kester, P.E.