Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Double Layer Plywood Shear Wall[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Double Layer Plywood Shear Wall
- From: ENGRLAINES(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 20:27:45 EDT
I am not interested in staples. I am thinking of lashing 2-2x4 studs to existing studs at all panels edges (to be staggered) so that each nail row at the panel joints goes into a 2x4 and the field nailing of the other panel goes into its own 2x4. That would eliminate the problem of too many nails in a single stud causing splitting. The sole plate is a 4x4 and I could even add blocking between studs and nailed to the plate. BTW, I am getting paid for all this extra work and creative solutioning.
LAINES ASSOCIATES, LONG BEACH
In a message dated 7/6/2009 3:44:42 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, RLHess(--nospam--at)HessEng.com writes:
- Prev by Subject: RE: Double Layer Plywood Shear Wall
- Next by Subject: Re: Double Layer Plywood Shear Wall
- Previous by thread: Re: Double Layer Plywood Shear Wall
- Next by thread: Re: Double Layer Plywood Shear Wall