Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
ACI 318-05, Section 11.6.1[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: ACI 318-05, Section 11.6.1
- From: FSRahbar(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 20:43:02 EDT
According to ACI 318-05, Section 11.6.1, the formula for calculating the Threshold Torsion for a concrete beam, is the same as formula given in ACI 318-99. Except that Strength Reduction factor, φ (Phi) has been reduce from 0.85 (ACI 318-99) to 0.75 (ACI 318-05).
Looks like the Threshold Torsion, has been reduce by about 13%. Or, am I missing another factor?
Farzin S. Rahbar, SE
David C. Weiss Structural Engineer & Associates, Inc.
(818) 227-8040 Ex. 13 Fax: (818) 227-8041
- Prev by Subject: Re: ACI 318 maximum reinforcement spacing.
- Next by Subject: RE: ACI 318-05, Section 11.6.1
- Previous by thread: RE: Mortar and Grout Testing
- Next by thread: RE: ACI 318-05, Section 11.6.1