Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Very short load duration[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Very short load duration
- From: "Jim Carey" <jimcarey(--nospam--at)jgsteel.com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 08:43:12 -0500
I have a steel duct that is to be designed for, among other things, a “severe pressure pulse” load that lasts 10 milliseconds. I am trying to use STAAD’s Time History Load function to analyze this and want to be able to give it a sanity check. The short duration would seem immaterial for steel design; the quick application brings impact effects to mind. Has anyone dealt with this to know how the results should compare with those from a static load of equal magnitude – better, worse or same? Thanks.
Jim Carey, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: A Useful Resource for PDH and CEU Credits
- Next by Subject: Re: Very short load duration
- Previous by thread: RE: EXCEL PRINT TO PDF
- Next by thread: Re: Very short load duration