Very short load duration

I have a steel duct that is to be designed for, among other things, a “severe pressure pulse” load that lasts 10 milliseconds.  I am trying to use STAAD’s Time History Load function to analyze this and want to be able to give it a sanity check.  The short duration would seem immaterial for steel design; the quick application brings impact effects to mind.  Has anyone dealt with this to know how the results should compare with those from a static load of equal magnitude – better, worse or same?  Thanks.

Jim Carey, P.E.