RE: Mortar and Grout Testing

Joe,
I am not familiar with the CBC.  Does the CBC allow uninspected masonry and 1/2 stress allowables?

Regards, Harold Sprague

From: Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 13:37:45 -0400
Subject: Re: Mortar and Grout Testing
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

Al

If you choose to design full stress then I would test everything........I have seen over the years how and what gets built.

We continue to use half the allowable stress and not do the testing, the choice is yours.

But; contractors abilities and quality did not change with the new code.

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA