Infill wall sheathing dimension

I have a project where new electrical conduit needs to be added to a double stud party shear wall.  The walls are sheathed on both sides with plywood and I am researching the minimum width of sheathing that can be cut away.  Obviously, the contractor wants to use a slot as narrow as possible, but I want to find if there is a minimum dimension in the IBC.