Re: Obama-Care: This Is What It Will Be Like

To the Canadian listers:

Help me out with a sanity check please.  I finally watched Bill's video and remember the following:
in Canada
Single-Parent Household with $35,000 total income paid 59.6% total taxes
Two-Parent Household with $65,000 total income paid 47.7% total taxes

in the US
Single Parent Household with $35,000 total income paid 31.25% total taxes
Two-Parent Household with $65,000 total income paid 34.55% total taxes

a "Subway" sandwhich ($5.00 before tax) costs over $18
So, how much truth is there to that?

thanks,
MJ