Re: Shallow Expansion Anchors

Larry,

See 1997 UBC Section 1632.2.  I am not sure if this was ever carried over to the IBC or ASCE 7.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

lrhauer(--nospam--at)earthlink.net
07/16/2009 07:48 AM
Please respond to seaint
SEAOC <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Shallow Expansion Anchors

To All,

For anhcoring equipemnt, an Rp = 1.5 shall be used for shallow expansion anchors. Can someone direct me to where this is in the code and the definition of a "shallow expansion anchor"?

Thanks in advance,

Larry Hauer S.E.

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org