re: Shallow Expansion Anchors

Thanks to all for their quick response to the above email. My confusion was in looking at Exapmple 36, (page 139), of the SEAOC 2006 IBC Design Manual "1" where it states in the example "where Rp = 1.5 for shallow anchors, (see sec. 13.4.2)". I couldn't find anything in the ASCE 7-05 re. this, hence my question. I assume this statement was a mistake in the design example.

Larry Hauer S.E.