From: Dennis Wish [mailto:res03tdc(--nospam--at)verizon.net]
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2009 10:09 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Obama-Care: This Is What It Will Be Like

Look, let me put an end to this thread. Bill has a problem - many of us
who know him personally and who have spoken with him by land line will
confirm this. I am not at liberty to discuss Bill's issues, but I
believe it is best not to respond to any of his e-mails. This simply
adds fuel to his fire.
As to the health care issue, I would assume from Bill's perspective if
he lost his job and his insurance benefits (assuming that his wife is
working for a firm that covers the family) he can be supported by his
state if they support disability coverage like California, Illinois and
Wisconsin does from my personal knowledge of family and friends who are
physically disabled. This makes Bill dependent on the State for his
health care which is no different than Medi-Cal in California and
whatever welfare is called in other states. His hypocrisy negates any of
his arguments.
I'm sure this will fire up additional responses if not a phone call, but
in the future it is best to ignore discussions on any topics outside the
structural engineering profession - I learned a long time ago that while
friends are made and lost on this list, it is often best to avoid
discussions with those who you can respect and disagree with, but who
are not inflamed by topics that historically set off those with strong
arguments for one side or other than can be debated on an intelligent
level even if there is no solution or the outcome is to accept your
differences and not let it destroy the admiration and friendship you
built on a personal / professional level.

Dennis S. Wish, PE
California Professional Engineer
Structural Engineering Consultant
Co-founder of the SEAINT Listservice
La Quinta, California

Stuart, Matthew wrote:
> ...one would think that the list users would be more civil in person.
>
> ________________________________

the barrage of insults and lame comments he's been making, especially the
latest one toward Moustafa Gouda even after appologizing for the first
insult. If that's not an embarrassement to the list members, I don't know
what is.

> 	Insult?
>
> 	Hey, I didn't call him "fool" or "clown" or "idiot" or anything like
that.

> 	I mean, if you said something like that, it WOULD be insulting,
wouldn't it?
list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp * * This email was sent to
you via Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC)
server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to: * *
http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp * * Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org.
Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be
re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at:
********