Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Water heater bracing[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Water heater bracing
- From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 19:11:58 EDT
Can anyone help me with a reference to 1997 UBC Code, Section 510.5?
An "Earthquake Insurance Retrofitting Information Form" asks for confirmation that a residential water heater is "double strapped to prevent movement in a seismic event that meet the minimum requirements of the 1997 UBC Code, Section 510.5."
I can't find any such section, nor any reference to it in code analysis books.
Could this be a typo? If anyone has the referenced section could they fax it to me at 510-215-2430? Can anyone refer me to any specific *UBC* requirements for water heater bracing?
(Yes, I know the UBC is history, but the insurance industry apparently doesn't know it.)
Snoop, Lil Wayne, Lady GaGa -- land the tix you need for this summer's biggest tours. Tourtracker.com (http://www.tourtracker.com/?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000007)
- Prev by Subject: WAS: License, NOW:Sketchup
- Next by Subject: Re: Water heater bracing THANKS!
- Previous by thread: RE: Rotating members about long axis
- Next by thread: Re: Water heater bracing THANKS!