Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Welding Base Plate to Grade 8 Bolt[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Welding Base Plate to Grade 8 Bolt
- From: "Daryl Richardson" <h.d.richardson(--nospam--at)shaw.ca>
- Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:04:12 -0600
I have a client who wants to secure a base plate to a floor using Grade 8 bolts. The intent is to have the threaded end down and epoxied into the floor; a leveling nut will be between the floor and the base plate to properly position the plate for grouting; the bolt head will be cut off the plate will be placed over top and welded to the bolts with some combination of plug and fillet welds through the anchor bolt holes. The purpose is to have a flush surface with no protruding bolts or nuts. The loads on the A-Bolts should be very small.
My question is this: is the Grade 8 bolt material compatible with mild steel plate for welding purposes?
I realize this is grossly over-designed; but, hey, it's the client's design and his money. It's what he wants to do.
H. Daryl Richardson
- Prev by Subject: Re: Welded Shear Connectors
- Next by Subject: Re: Welding Base Plate to Grade 8 Bolt
- Previous by thread: RE: Retaining Wall Seismic Loads
- Next by thread: Re: Welding Base Plate to Grade 8 Bolt