Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Excel[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Excel
- From: "Timothy Hilton" <thilton(--nospam--at)lhcengineers.com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 10:46:09 -0400
Does anybody know, in Excel, how to return the value of a cell containing a dependent variable based on a fixed value of one of its independent variables?
For example, x and y are independent variables, and in some cell I have a formula f(x,y). However, in another cell I want to return the value for f(x,5) or f(10,y).
Surely there is an easy way to program this? I’ve tried Excel help and google, but I don’t know what to search for.
Timothy K. Hilton, E.I.
LHC STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS
919.832.5587 x 20
- Prev by Subject: Engineering topic?-3
- Next by Subject: RE: Excel
- Previous by thread: Re: Direct Weld of Single Angle Brace to HSS Beam/Column
- Next by thread: RE: Excel