Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Excel[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Excel
- From: Richard Calvert <RichardC(--nospam--at)lbbe.com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:08:27 -0400
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
Actually, just found this
From: Timothy Hilton
Does anybody know, in Excel, how to return the value of a cell containing a dependent variable based on a fixed value of one of its independent variables?
For example, x and y are independent variables, and in some cell I have a formula f(x,y). However, in another cell I want to return the value for f(x,5) or f(10,y).
Surely there is an easy way to program this? I’ve tried Excel help and google, but I don’t know what to search for.
Timothy K. Hilton, E.I.
LHC STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS
919.832.5587 x 20
- From: SGE Structural
- From: Timothy Hilton
- Prev by Subject: Re: Excel
- Next by Subject: RE: Excel
- Previous by thread: RE: Excel
- Next by thread: License