RE: License

All U.S. Licensing Boards are established and granted their power by the State Legislature, therefore whatever they do or require you to do to get your PE or SE, as long as they stay within the legislated guidelines, is “legal”.

I am even aware of a case taken all the way to the State Supreme Court by an applicant for a situation similar to yours in which the Justices refused to rule or give an opinion because they considered doing such a violation of the separation of powers.

…in other words, “Oz has spoken”

D. Matthew Stuart, P.E. S.E., F.ASCE, SECB

Senior Project Manager

Structural Department

Associate

Engineers and Consultants - CMX