From: Gerard Madden, SE [mailto:gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:25 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: License

Getting out of state licenses shouldn't be this difficult.

I'm getting licensed in our 50th state. I filled out all the paperwork, gave them copies of my Civil and Structural Certificates, copies of my bachelors and master's degrees, and print out from state of CA website showing my license is valid, filled out all the forms, paid the money.

They reject the license app because I haven't proven I have the appropriate amount of experience and I have to get 3 references. When I explain to them I could never have even sat for the two 16 hour exams I passed without that experience (the first of which was 10 years ago) why do I need to re-verify my experience?

Apparently this is the norm unless you get a NCEES board record.

I find this completely stupid. California will also make you do the same thing apparently.

Now I gotta fill out more forms and get co-workers to vouch for me....what a pain in the arse.

-gm