I don't agree with everything my state does, but its sovereignty is not negotiable.

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Via iPhone 3G

On Jul 22, 2009, at 12:33 PM, "SGE Structural" <sgordin(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com> wrote:

Bill,

CA way of doing thinks (as weird as it is) has nothing to do with it.  For example, if you personally did not take the NCEES exam, you will not get your license in Utah, where you are apparently planning to go. At least, without taking the exam...

V. Steve Gordin, SE
Irvine CA

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 10:23
Subject: Re: License

Every state sets it's own standards and doesn't have to grant comity (although of course other states can "retaliate").

Up until about 20 years ago Texas' standards were considered "too lax" by some states who would not accept the Texas P.E. as acceptable for reciprocity.

If CA continues to insist on administering a nonstandard exam, this is one likely consequence.

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Via iPhone 3G