Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: License

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Title: Re: License
Nope, no international comity but same good old American way - EIT - CE - SE.
V. Steve Gordin, SE
Irvine CA
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 04:41
Subject: Re: License

<..> you might have been able to get due with comity from a license from your previous country <..>

Adrian, MI

On 7/22/09 11:26 AM, "SGE Structural" <sgordin(--nospam--at)> wrote:

Good morning,

Yesterday I was informed by an official with the licensing board of the State of Utah that this state does not accept the reciprocity applications from engineers who did not take the NCEES exams (for example, the CA SE exams are not accepted since 2004).  In other words, to become licensed as a Civil or Structural engineer in Utah, a person like me has to take the examinations again.

I am wondering - what would be the underlying wisdom for such decision?  Can it possibly be legal?

V. Steve Gordin, SE
Irvine CA