RE: AWWA D100-05 3.5.1 question

Will this result in an unbraced flange in compression instead of tension?

From: Lakhani, Sid [mailto:slakhani(--nospam--at)ebmud.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:18 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Cc: Lakhani, Sid
Subject: FW: AWWA D100-05 3.5.1 question

AWWA (Eq 3-35) on page 35 provides formula for required section modulus for Girder.

My question is:  Can this girder be provided either inside or outside the tank? Does it have to be on outside the tank?

I would like to provide the girder inside the tank to avoid interference with the ladder/stair.

Thanks!

Sid Lakhani