Re: Concrete Piles w/ an R = 1.0!!

Can't you just consider it a foundation and not a Lateral System? or is this thing sticking up out of the ground a ways?\

Does taking the reaction from the structure above and multiplying it by OMEGA (for the structure above) feasibly? This should accomplish the intent of the code (this member shall not yield)....

-gm