Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: AWWA D100-05 3.5.1 question[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: AWWA D100-05 3.5.1 question
- From: "SGE Structural" <sgordin(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 14:37:54 -0700
You are asking a not-so-specific question about a very special component of a very special type of structure. For example, it is not clear what kind of tank you got; with little known, you are unlikely to get a sensible response.
Most importantly, though, the location of the girder may be dictated by some non-structural considerations (operational, maintenance, health, safety, etc.). Such considerations need to be discussed and cleared with the architect, AHJ, and AWWA itself.
In my experience, I had a very little problem contacting people who wrote the AWWA code and getting comprehensive answers to my questions.
V. Steve Gordin, SE
- Prev by Subject: RE: AWWA D100-05 3.5.1 question
- Next by Subject: re: bar spacing
- Previous by thread: RE: AWWA D100-05 3.5.1 question
- Next by thread: Dallas Practice Tent (Was Re: License)