Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 14:14
Subject: RE: AWWA D100-05 3.5.1 question

Compression flange issue could be resolved by providing a rectangular or square tube section with adequate section modulus instead of built up channel generally provided on outside of tank.

So, can I use a tube section of adequate section modulus inside the tank as stiffening girder?

Thanks!

Sid Lakhani