Re: License

Simple. It's because the range of such proccedings has been limited by judicial review.

If you took your interpretation, any law of whatever kind enacted by one state would have effect in every other.

I could move to Nebraska from California, and claim that my license as a purveyor of "medical" marijuana from CA left me immune from prosecution by NE authorities. That makes a mockery of the concept of Federalism and state sovereignty.

As to the DL example, that's because each state DECIDES to temporarily accept the licenses. And you typically don't have to retake a driving test. Just like they decide to accept testing done in another state for PE.

Q.E.D.

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Via iPhone 3G