Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: License[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: License
- From: Richard Calvert <RichardC(--nospam--at)lbbe.com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 09:58:10 -0400
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
No one makes any money til it’s designed and built either (though, I’m sure there are some sales guys that are good enough to pull that one off!)
On the flip side, generally when someone is in the market to buy something, they are going to buy it - imagine a world were it was illegal to have sales staff, or try to “push” anything – things would still sell…
But I agree - what us structural guys make on a job is pathetic. (akin to a plumber/laborer when you think about it) I frequently refer to us as the “dumbest smart people” I’ve ever met, for that very reason.
From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Stuart, Matthew wrote:
…I think we have nobody to blame but ourselves that we live in a world where realtors get ±6% of the sales price and structural engineers get ±½% of the construction cost.
Sales always gets rewarded. No one actually makes
money until the sale.
- RE: License
- From: Timothy Hilton
- RE: License
- Prev by Subject: RE: License
- Next by Subject: RE: License
- Previous by thread: RE: License
- Next by thread: RE: License