Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: License

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Florida doesn't care if you're in- or out-of-state apparently. They have to deal with retirees who think they'll "pick up some part-time work." the result is a glut of licenees out on the golf courses.

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Via iPhone 3G

On Jul 27, 2009, at 6:53 PM, ASLCSE(--nospam--at) wrote:

Try to get licensed in Missouri. After an almost year long battle I gave up, because each time I sent them the required (requested) forms and references, they came up with new reqirements. They just do not want any out-of-state engineers
Antonio S. "Tony" Luisoni S.E., F.ASCE
In a message dated 7/22/2009 9:27:21 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, gmse4603(--nospam--at) writes:
Getting out of state licenses shouldn't be this difficult.

I'm getting licensed in our 50th state. I filled out all the paperwork, gave them copies of my Civil and Structural Certificates, copies of my bachelors and master's degrees, and print out from state of CA website showing my license is valid, filled out all the forms, paid the money.

They reject the license app because I haven't proven I have the appropriate amount of experience and I have to get 3 references. When I explain to them I could never have even sat for the two 16 hour exams I passed without that experience (the first of which was 10 years ago) why do I need to re-verify my experience?

Apparently this is the norm unless you get a NCEES board record.

I find this completely stupid. California will also make you do the same thing apparently.

Now I gotta fill out more forms and get co-workers to vouch for me....what a pain in the arse.


On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 8:26 AM, SGE Structural <sgordin(--nospam--at)> wrote:
Good morning,
Yesterday I was informed by an official with the licensing board of the State of Utah that this state does not accept the reciprocity applications from engineers who did not take the NCEES exams (for example, the CA SE exams are not accepted since 2004).  In other words, to become licensed as a Civil or Structural engineer in Utah, a person like me has to take the examinations again.
I am wondering - what would be the underlying wisdom for such decision?  Can it possibly be legal?
V. Steve Gordin, SE
Irvine CA