Re: License

Scott and David,
I have one more report to complete and then I'm done. The phone has not
rung in more than two weeks except by my Autodesk vender to inform me
that if I don't renew my subscription (at their very inflated price) I
will have to purchase a new station for full price next time (don't hold
your breath). While my wife is working and keeping our healthcare up,
I'm posting an ad in the local papers to repair personal computers and
family LAN's (wireless) as well as providing services to setup Gibson
Les Paul's and Fender Tele's and Strats. I've gotten the itch to learn
watch (pocket watch) and wrist watch repair (our local watchmaker
offered to teach me as part of a non earning apprenticeship.

My next door neighbor had been making over $500K a year doing GPS Golf
Course Grading untill the market died and then he started a service for
homeowner's to clean up their yards of dog droppings. He was doing okay,
but recently lost his home.

Engineering was my choice and something I loved to do, but not at the
cost of some of the clients I've had to deal with lately. BORPELS has
been working on a complaint for nearly seven years but has yet to stop
an unlicensed engineer from practicing and advertising in our area. They
are attempting to go after the out of town engineer who is plan stamping
the unlicensed locals work - although he is not a partner in the
business nor is he part of the corporation. However, BORPELS will go
after a Civil engineer whose phone book ad appears in the structural
engineers section of the Yellow Pages.

I wonder where the priorities are in the professional world. I'm taking
a few courses in open heart surgery and planning on starting this as a
sideline on our kitchen table. My dogs are assisting me as my degrees
come from the Sudan.

I thought about selling pacemakers on e-bay but the competition is much
too strong. I came up with a sure fire option - I am including a free
do-it-yourself video with the pacemakers at no additional charge.

Dennis