Re: Short Anchor Bolts Again

What did you have the contractor do?  Tapered nuts or chipping the concrete and adding couplers?

Garner, Robert wrote:

Had a contractor install anchor bolts with inadequate projection for a full nut on A325 (as specified) anchor bolts.  Of course the contractor wants to puddle weld all around the depressed anchor bolts.

I have no questions for this forum about this - we know what needs to be done  I just thought I'd pass this along since everybody here has shared this experience.  Again and again.

In 15 minutes, I pop open a cold one.  Poor contractor.

Bob

R. Garner

Moffatt & Nichol

Tel.:  (619) 220-6050