RE: Things could be worse ...

They cash the check and claim they never got it?

From: Stan Caldwell [mailto:stancaldwell(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 1:34 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Things could be worse ...

David:

Incredibly, the demand letter concludes:

"Please remit your payment in the amount of $3,091,985.18 to the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association.  Be sure to include our claim number on your check and all correspondence.  If we do not receive payement from you within 25 days, we will be forced to take further legal action against you."

Gosh, I wonder what the penalty is for failing to include the claim number?

Stan