RE: Spreadsheets for Cold-Formed Sections?

Gary,

I have VBA functions for cold-formed steel design to AS4600, mostly matches
AISI:1996. But I have only setup calculation of section properties for
c-sections and combinations of: nested, back-to-back, boxed.

For other sections we have CFS. There is also CUFSM by Ben Schafer at John
Hopkins University, along with plenty of tutorials and theory.

http://www.ce.jhu.edu/bschafer/cufsm/

Then there are worked examples in Greg Hancocks books on cold-formed steel
design: these are tabulated approaches to calculating section properties, if
you know how you can setup circular references in Excel worksheet and force
iteration to automatically find the solution.

At Excel Calcs there is also a spreadsheet for calculating section
properties of apparently any shape. But I haven't had time to work through
and see what it does, and it uses US units so little value to me.

http://www.excelcalcs.com/

At Exel calcs will find my entire VBA function library: schTechLib.xls.

Regards
Conrad Harrison
B.Tech (mfg & mech), MIIE, gradTIEAust
Adelaide