Re: Things could be worse ...

Stan,
Thanks for the anecdote, it was very timely.

I essentially turned away a job, to the chagrin of some in the office,
because the owner wanted us to replace a wind-damaged roof with (drum-roll)
the SAME THING, signed/sealed to the latest building code! The customer
would not discuss if there were pending lawsuits over the original failure
and they didn't want to discuss a failure investigation to mitigate the
possibility of a similar failure the second time.

I felt the little red light moving to the centre of my forehead as the
lawyers adjusted their aim ...

Regards
Paul
--