Would you sign this form?  Would anyone in their right mind?

Regards,

Stan

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 6:41 PM, Grathwol, Albert <albert.grathwol(--nospam--at)aecom.com> wrote:
Never tell the Owner verbally or in writing that anything was built per the plans and specs unless you were there watching all the subgrade prep, every bolt tightened, every rebar placed, inspected every weld, etc., etc.
Al

From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)umich.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 4:19 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Texas engineer sued for roof/ stans post

It will also be highly dependent on what “certify” means.  There are certain things that it could mean where his E&O insurance company would say “tough luck...you are on your own as you violated your policy terms”.  If that is the case, then about the only “plus” side is the engineer will get the make the decision as to whether to fight or pay as the insurance company will not be part of the equation anymore.

I want to feel bad for this engineer...but I really do not know enough to really make that decision.  It is entirely possible that this is a situation of the engineer’s own making (i.e. “certifying” or “warranting” something he/she should not have...in other words, taking on too “onerous” terms in order to get a project...or the risk was not worth the pay).

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI