Point supported glass

I have a project that has “floating” glass balusters. I know how to calculate the bending and deflection, that is not the issue.  What I’m trying to find is information on how to deal with the localized stresses due to the point supports.

http://www.liversbronze.com/RailingSystems/Systems/Button/button.htm

Is almost exactly the system I’m working with.

Does anyone have any good references for this type of system? Maybe a go-by even?

Thanks,

Richard Calvert, EIT

Project Engineer

Lindemann Bentzon Bojack

Architects & Engineers

290 Citrus Tower Blvd, Suite 200, Clermont, Fl. 34711

tel: 352.242.0100 ext.141 fax: 352.242.0302

www.lbbe.com

Internet Email Confidentiality

and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if

you or your employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of

this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message

that do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood

as neither given nor endorsed by it.