Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Point supported glass[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Point supported glass
- From: Richard Calvert <RichardC(--nospam--at)lbbe.com>
- Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 12:57:37 -0400
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
I have a project that has “floating” glass balusters. I know how to calculate the bending and deflection, that is not the issue. What I’m trying to find is information on how to deal with the localized stresses due to the point supports.
Is almost exactly the system I’m working with.
Does anyone have any good references for this type of system? Maybe a go-by even?
Richard Calvert, EIT
Lindemann Bentzon Bojack
Architects & Engineers
tel: 352.242.0100 ext.141 fax: 352.242.0302
If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible
for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver
this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message
and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if
you or your employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of
this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message
that do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood
as neither given nor endorsed by it.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Point load on garage diaphram
- Next by Subject: Question about Canadian code 1985
- Previous by thread: Re: Nails to Metal Truss
- Next by thread: Aluminum on Steel -> Galvanic Corrosion