Re: Nails to Metal Truss

Thanks for the input.

The problem is that there is a metal roof installed over the plywood.  In order to add screws, the metal roof has to be removed!

I did not do the engineering on the existing roof.  In fact, I do not think there was an engineer involved.  That is why I want to be sure that before I bring this to the attention to the owner, there is no data supporting the use of these nails.  I did a bit of searching, and have not seen any ICC reports or other manufacturer data.

Regards,
Andy