RE: Strength Mobilization Factor - TEDDS

My understanding is that the strength mobilization factor, as used by USACE (US Army Corps of Engineers, EM 1110-2-2502), is the inverse of the safety factor, i.e. 0.67 = 1/1.5.  In effect, the soil resistance values are reduced by a factor of 0.67 to provide an effective factor of safety of 1.5 for static load conditions.

Bill Sherman
CH2M HILL / DEN
720-286-2792